Why is Juice or Smoothie so healthy?
It seems like the internet is bombarded with this topic these days, which makes me wonder… Why should I really juice or make smoothies?
The interesting thing with smoothies:
- Invented as early as the 1920’s, due to more families had access to the newly invented refrigerator.
- The fridge made it possible to preserve fruits and vegetables longer than usual and was thus a great way to store more in the house.
Why is Smoothies and Juice claimed to be healthy?
Nature have been supplying us with natural food which enriches our bodies with vitamins and minerals aiding the body to function at its best. Having a smoothie or a juice is an easy, quick, and great way for anyone who wants to be healthy to stay healthy.
“Once upon a time, all food was organic”
“We are what we eat” is a common phrase. I may not be one to talk about this topic without being a hypocrite, but this is a thing that stands close to my heart. Many of you may not have heard of Jack Lalanne who was the front figure for making smoothies popular in America, the same time as Arnold Schwarzenegger was working towards body building to become Mr Olympia, was the first who introduced smoothies into the diet.
Today, we all know that smoothies and juice can benefit in the way of supplying our body with the right building blocks so we can thrive and our body have the right proteins to recover from training or to build muscles. If you have the right juice/smoothies, it can even speed up injuries.
Quick on Why I juice:
- Don´t need to change my normal diet, only adding juice and smoothie as supplements.
- Immune fighting capabilities/strengthening my immune system. (Not been severely ill, or had a severe bout of flu for over the past 3 years, since I started to juice)
- Right building blocks for all the cells in my body, so I can go to the gym, make a smoothie/juice and be refreshed and replenished for the evening/the next day.
- Cancer fighting capabilities my smoothie/juice indigence.
- Increases mood, and energy levels, which increases sex life!
- Positive effect on improving my quality of life and pro-activity
- Most important, it makes me feel super awesome!
Juices and smoothies have another superb effect, which is the synergistic effects of the phytochemicals natural in the food. It is this synergistic effect that give you an abundance of health benefits like:
“Reduced risks of cancer, cardiovascular disease, stroke, Alzheimer disease, cataracts, and some of the functional declines associated with aging.
Prevention is a more effective strategy than is treatment of chronic diseases.”
(Re: article 2003 American Society for Clinical Nutrition)
There are many reasons for doing whatever you want to do and now you got my reason to why I juice and make smoothies. It is simply a part of my lifestyle.
As a bonus I will include a video a friend of mine posted:
(Be aware, it is over an hour long video. Worth watching!)
Kin Fai Ng (Ray)